Thursday 8 August 2013

Well this hasnt been fun.

Hello again.

So last post was April and it is now August...

First event is next month (Spartan Sprint) and the honest result is that it isn't going to happen, i admitted this to myself a few weeks ago on the Google+ Spartan Race community.

Why?...Well I'm (or have been) a broken man...

My trip down the stairs caused more damage and pain and what ever else my plans started to fall away, as did my mental resilience.

I knew it was going to be a challenge, but once again injury gets in the way and it has brought me down a bit, yeah i have been out walking to keep moving, even been out on the bike a few times and been for a swim but between the pain in the ankle and the re-occurring pain in the coccyx it put me further and further behind in my schedule that i knew my target was going to have to shift.

I guess it just means that i have no excuses for the next years event.

Since my last post i have joined a number of communities on Google+ and there has been some greatly informative articles and post from folks and as usual with every failure its about dusting myself off and picking myself up again.

On the upside i have started a new role at work and this has lifted me mentally, i no longer work two jobs so i have my weekend and evenings free, I'm sleeping better and resting better and maybe this will all help in the (physical) healing process.

So goodbye for now and again hopefully it wont be long before I'm back tracking my successes (yup I'm sure there will be some of some kind!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment