Tuesday 15 January 2013

2 Weeks of learning!

I'm back! Did you miss me???

So it’s been 15 days since my last post what have I been up to in that time?

Well....

Started hitting the 16kg Kettlebell again working on 4 sets of 25 to hit my 100reps, been dropping in the odd fitness DVD (Tae-bo, YRG) and took in a fitness class at work.

Now the fitness class was a learning experience!

I learnt that I clearly am not pushing myself as hard as I could/should be. The class I went to was a Krav Maga class run by a trainer in the office gym, what actually happened on the day was that the trainer was off still for the Christmas period and the class was now a circuit class. This is where my second lesson came in...My fitness level has been demolished!

Working the kettlebell has kept my squats at a good level but everything else was shot. The circuit was this:

30reps of each x 3sets of:

Pushups
Sit-ups with punches
Squats
Dips
Leg raises
Lunges (1 left and 1 right counted as one rep)

Now I have never been at a point where I could have sailed through this, but I certainly would have been able to manage it in my own time...not anymore! Got through the first set (just, it took me ages and it wasn’t pretty) and then even at half reps I failed to achieve most of the way to the second set and the third set was just a joke!

The third lesson of the day is about sleep! Always make sure you get plenty of rest!

Fat bloke + Exercise - Good sleep = Wreck on floor with feet raised and a discussion with the first aider!

I didn’t collapse or blackout, it was just a wee funny turn where I thought it would be better on the floor before my body took me there!

So that was the downside!! Is there an upside...Kind of.

I have made my first goal the ability to do the circuit without stopping, starting small 10 reps of each for one set, I am then going to add maybe 5reps to each every couple of days until I am up to the 30reps. Then will try and add sets...watch this space I guess...

What about my eating?

Breakfast rolls have been replace with a mixture of Fruit, Yoghurt, the odd scone, lunch has been replaced with usually a soup but have slipped in the odd Panini so a bit of work needing done there. Dinner is still a problem area and depends upon what I'm doing so really need to knuckle down on that, should be making a big pot of soup (Chorizo and Sweet Potato) which is good for a few meals ( I can make it into pasta dish, curry and other meals just by adding stuff, I'm rather proud of this one!)

Second positive of the period:

Its working, the small differences I have made so far are having an effect! I have noticed that some of the clothes I wear regularly are actually feeling a little bit more comfortable on me!

Although I am looking to lose weight I am not focussing on that as my measuring tool. I want to see my bulk/belly reduce so I can get back into some old clothes and also be able to go out and buy myself smaller jeans again! I also want to see my abilities improve I will be happy to go to a class in a few weeks/months down the line and do the circuit and have the guys say "well done"!

No comments:

Post a Comment